Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
East Morgan County Hospital
Pharmacy Technologist Per Diem
Brush, CO 80723 United States
Certified Pharmacy Technician
About East Morgan County Hospital
Located in the northeast Colorado community of Brush, East Morgan County Hospital is licensed by the state and certified by Medicare as a 25-bed critical-access hospital as well as a designated Level IV trauma center. The hospital features a newly remodeled 24-hour emergency department with three trauma bays, one surgery suite, one recovery room, one endoscopy room, and one outpatient surgery suite. Our commitment to innovation includes our Picture Archive Communications System, a filmless radiology system that is among the newest technological advances available. As one of the area's largest employers, East Morgan County Hospital can offer you an exceptional opportunity to provide compassionate, innovative care to this unique rural community.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is a comprehensive, award-winning health system that includes 23 hospitals in seven western states (twelve in Arizona), primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. We offer a choice of nursing career paths where you can leverage your abilities to make a real difference for your patients - and real change in the health care industry!
This position will work under the supervision of the pharmacist and other pharmacy personnel. Performs routine duties in packaging, distribution and record keeping of pharmaceutical supplies. Consistently demonstrates an ability to assess a situation, consider alternatives, and choose the appropriate course of action. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients being served.
* Selects and/or prepares medications, under direct supervision, as indicated on the patient medication orders. Places medications in patient boxes or in designated area for pharmacist to check, sends/delivers medications to nursing units as required. May investigate missing medication requests.
* Charges/credits patients for medications and intravenous solutions as appropriate. Restocks unused and credited returned medications. May also prepare the daily bank deposit and financial reports, maintain databases and troubleshoot automated technology malfunctions.
* Attends to customers and answers telephones in a courteous and timely manner. Serves as a liaison between the customer and the pharmacist. May also take requests for prescription refills and obtain necessary authorizations.
* Identifies medications and other items for reorder as necessary to maintain a continuous inventory of medications and supplies. Receives, checks-in, and restocks medications ordered through wholesaler and other vendors. Assesses practical ways to deal with shorted items and short-dated or unusable items.
* Repackages bulk medications into unit of use packaging. Completes accurate documentation of medications repackaged.
* Performs quality control activities in a timely manner. Completes documentation on refrigerator temperatures, and equipment maintenance activities as required.
* May use automated dispensing technology or requisition to restock medications to nursing and ancillary areas after they are checked by a pharmacist. Restocks medications to all areas outside automated dispensing technology which may include but not be limited to trays, code carts and emergency boxes. Investigates discrepancies in automated dispensing technology.
Requires pharmacy technician trainee licensure in the state of practice (where applicable).
Must possess good organizational, problem solving and computer skills. Must have good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and other contacts.
Must acquire knowledge of computer software, particularly medication management information system software, Microsoft applications and Automated dispensing systems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
To Watch Our Video Click Here
Hours Per Week
per diem: (.001)
Education, training, experience:
Terms & Conditions