Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Fairbanks Memorial Hospital
Staff Pharmacist Retail
Fairbanks, AK 99701 United States
About Fairbanks Memorial Hospital
Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is a non-profit facility owned by the Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation and managed by Banner Health. A JCAHO-accredited facility with 152 licensed beds, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is the primary referral center for residents of Alaska's interior. With a strong patient-to-nurse ratio, ours is a Magnet aspiring facility with a Shared Leadership Infrastructure. In addition to our exceptional clinical environment, our location offers incomparable lifestyle rewards away from work. In Fairbanks, small-town living, spectacular natural beauty and endless recreation combine to create a one-of-a-kind place to live, work and play.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media and is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
* Why Banner Health?
* Banner Health Benefits
* Banner Health Careers
The position provides pharmaceutical care in the retail, outpatient setting. Responsible for the accurate dispensing of prescription medication from the pharmacy and maintaining records according to state and federal regulations. Provides counseling, consultation with other practitioners, family members, and caregivers, to help ensure that medication dispensed is ordered, and used as appropriately and effectively as possible. Oversees the activities of the pharmacy technicians, coordinates workflow and verifies all medications prior to being dispensed. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients being served. Adheres to local, state, and federal laws regarding the profession of pharmacy practice.
* Fills prescriptions in an accurate and timely manner. Reviews and verifies or enters orders into the medication management information system. Assures that orders present no significant problems in regard to drug interactions, incompatibilities, therapeutic duplications or patient safety.
* Supervises and directs work of pharmacy technicians. Coordinates medication preparation and distribution work of the pharmacy technicians and ensures accuracy prior to dispensing medications for distribution.
* Provides counseling to patients, families, or caregivers regarding their medications, to support appropriate and effective drug use. Provides accurate, appropriate and timely information to physicians, nurses, patients and others regarding medication therapy, drug product guidelines, law and regulations, medication formulary and other topics related to medication use and control.
* Supervises the day-to-day operations of the pharmacy that may include inventory maintenance, interactions with insurance companies, and accurate and appropriate record keeping.
* Consults with prescribing practitioners to help ensure accurate and appropriate medication use. Reviews medication orders and evaluates their appropriateness and completeness. Contacts the prescriber with suggestions for improvement and resolves problems with the medication orders as needed.
Requires pharmacy licensure in the state of practice and a degree in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy.
Must possess good organizational, problem solving and computer skills. Must possess good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and other contacts. Must be able to use reference tools to evaluate patient care and answer questions posed by customers.
Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly medication management information system software, and Microsoft applications.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
To Watch Our Video Click Here Â
Hours Per Week
per diem: (.001)
Education, training, experience:
Terms & Conditions