Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Banner Baywood Medical Center
Pharmacy Sr Manager - Residency Program
Mesa, AZ 85201 United States
Clinical Pharmacy Manager
About The Job
The working Pharmacy Senior Manager is responsible for the management of the clinical team and program. Must have management experience in the ASHP Pharmacy Practice Residency Program as well as oversight of the Clinical Pharmacists and Clinical Specialists. Applicants must have a PharmD, completed a PGY1 pharmacy practice residency, and BPS Board certification.
Banner Health is seeking a highly motivated Senior Pharmacy Manager to provide oversight and direction to an already established clinical pharmacy service consisting of 6 clinical pharmacists and 3 pharmacy practice residents. This position is at the Baywood campus consisting of 360 bed Banner Baywood Medical Center and 110 bed Banner Heart Hospital located in Mesa, Arizona.
Our clinical pharmacists are a vital part of the patient care team providing comprehensive pharmaceutical care to a diverse adult patient population including, Pharmacokinetics, TPN Management, Anticoagulant Dosing, and Pain Management.
Successful candidates will have a Doctor of Pharmacy degree and Arizona pharmacist license. Completion of PGY1 pharmacy practice residency or equivalent clinical experience and BCPS certification is highly desired. In addition to supervision of the clinical pharmacy staff, the senior pharmacy manager will actively participate in clinical pharmacy consultation, multidisciplinary hospital committees, policy and protocol development and serve as Residency Program Director for the ASHP accredited Pharmacy Practice Residency.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media, is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI, and voted as one of the "Best Places to Work" in the Phoenix metro area by the Phoenix Business Journal. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health. We recommend the following options:
* Why Banner Health?
* Banner Health Benefits
* Banner Health Careers
This position is responsible for providing managerial and programmatic direction for the operation of Pharmacy Services. Develops, budgets, standards of work performance and plans, directs, and monitors and evaluates the provision of distributive and clinical pharmacy services. Promotes and demonstrates effective inter-disciplinary and inter-facility collaboration and serves as facilitator for education, consultation, and research. Responsible for leading and overseeing the operational activities of the Department of Pharmacy Services. Ensures the functions of the department are consistent with the policies and procedures. May supervise activities that provide for the purchasing, receiving, storage, delivery, and distribution of medications and related supplies. Assures adequate departmental staffing according to workload while maintaining expected productivity levels. Supports implementation of clinical plans and helps to maintain information systems within the pharmacy. Develops standards
of work performance, orientation and training programs. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients being served while maintaining the ideals of service excellence. Must possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status, interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements and provide pharmaceutical care based on those needs. Adheres to local, state, and federal laws regarding the profession of pharmacy practice.
* Responsible for all routine operations of Pharmacy Services. Participates in the recruitment, selection, orientation, professional development and evaluation of employees. Serves as a change agent, role model, and serves as facilitator for education, consultation, and research. Accurately and completely documents patient assessment data and clinical interventions
* This position is accountable for an effective departmental operation within the budgetary constraints through the monitoring and controlling of expenses and through promotion of rational, cost-effective utilization of medication therapy.
* Assists with development of goals, objectives, and programs for the pharmacy department consistent with those of the organization's overall strategic plan. Demonstrates effective inter-disciplinary and inter-facility collaboration. Plans efficient and effective utilization of resources. Ensures compliance with regulatory agency standards. Implements decisions of the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee and other hospital committees in relation to formulary management and process improvements. Assumes accountability for special projects as assigned.
* Defines and resolves issues with the medication distribution system. Continually evaluates performance relative to need for improvement of processes to assure the safe and appropriate delivery of medications to all patient care areas. Provides leadership for development and implementation of innovative systems.
* Provides leadership and direction to the pharmacy staff. Promotes positive relations and actively contributes to a supportive work environment. Fosters a team environment within the department and across the system. Communicates with their direct supervisor regarding personnel issues.
* Helps to establish and revise, when necessary, standards of care for pharmacy practice. Monitors and ensures compliance with departmental and organizational policies and procedures, Federal and State laws, and regulatory agency standards. Investigates and initiates the resolution of customer complaints. Plans, supports, and leads Quality Improvement efforts for pharmacy services. Provides pharmacy representation and leadership on hospital and medical staff committees.
* Serves as a professional resource in facilitating inter-disciplinary practice and communication.
Requires current pharmacy licensure in the state of practice, a degree in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy.
Must possess good organizational, problem solving and computer skills. Must possess good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and other contacts. Must be able to use reference tools to evaluate patient care and answer questions posed by customers.
Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly medication management information system software, Microsoft applications and Automated dispensing system.
Advanced degree, Hospital Residency, or Master of Business Administration (MBA), or experience in hospital pharmacy with supervisory experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
To Watch Our Video Click Here
Hours Per Week
40 hr/wk: (1.00)
Education, training, experience:
Terms & Conditions